Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #77429
View in linear mode

Subject: "additional fuel pump needed??" Previous topic | Next topic
lickscissorsOct-02-04 03:24 PM
Member since May 07th 2003
1206 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#77429, "additional fuel pump needed??"

right now i have a 14b, 30# injectors, sfmu, missing link, msd ignition/coil/wires/plugs..... new fuel filter, warbro pump...and i think thats all i need to say....anyways, when im cruising in like 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th, hell even 5th...anyways, lets say im in 2nd, going about 2-3k rpms, at 25mph....then i mash the pedal...well it will hiccup, sputter, kind of bob...then take off like a bat out of hell.... even if im in like 3rd and hit the pedal decently hard it does the same thing....now if i go about half throttle, then mash it it runs fine....but if you give it too much throttle, it sputters.... now im getting a "too rich" CEL, but i think its mainly from idling with the cams.... i have corbins a/f meter and its reading like .8somethning....i know that doesnt sound good, but my egts usually stay around 1500-1550....some times on a hot day on a long 3rd gear pull it will start to hit 1600, but i let it off....back to the point, i wanted to install an inline fuel pump, my question...whats so special about the accell one? what psi? i can get a universal one from autozone, but its only rated to 10psi.... will it help or hurt to put it in? is this even my problem....damn, thats a lot of shit i just wrote....thanks for reading
doug

14b custom turbo kit, modified starion front mount, 9.6:1 JE pistons/Eagle rods....running 12psi
screw flanders

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

additional fuel pump needed?? [View all] , lickscissors, Oct-02-04 03:24 PM
  RE: additional fuel pump needed??, ModeratorCorbin, Oct-04-04 07:39 AM, #1
RE: additional fuel pump needed??, lickscissors, Oct-04-04 08:13 AM, #2
      RE: additional fuel pump needed??, TeamMetalJim, Oct-04-04 02:45 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #77429 Previous topic | Next topic