Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109770
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Ideas? No start- PF Stg5+" Previous topic | Next topic
ezJul-03-15 01:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109771, "RE: Ideas? No start- PF Stg5+"
In response to In response to 0
Jul-03-15 01:48 PM by ez

Almost same situation happened to me 2 weekends ago. I also have a portfueler setup, but that has nothing to do with a no-start situation, as we are talking about your stock fuel/ignition setup.

You have fuel pressure, just like I did.
It sounds like you have power to the coil, just like I did.

So fuel + fire = no start? On the surface it makes no sense, right? Well the next part of the equation is - is the ECU getting signals correctly to fire off the spark correctly? Everything pointed to a sensor/harness issue.

I've heard of people getting no starts on this board because one sensor went bad, grounding the entire 5V circuit and thus depriving the ecu of crank/cam signal. Someone actually had a no start because the VSS was grounding! Crazy right?

My issue was the wiring to the CLT sensor was corroded and shorting. Thus all the sensors needed for a start were not getting the correct voltage. I repaired the harness at that sensor and the car fired immediately.

You can check this by going over your entire harness looking for shorts (Especially around the EGR pipe). If you don't see anything, you can also try to unplug all your sensors except the ones needed to fire the engine (crank, MAP, and cam sensor for certain model years), and see if you can get it to fire. Also make sure your battery connections are super clean and tight, including the white wires that come off the positive terminal.

EDIT - also bypass your aftermarket MDS DIS 2 in the beginning, just to remove that variable.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Ideas? No start- PF Stg5+ [View all] , corsagsbo, Jul-02-15 08:36 PM
  RE: Ideas? No start- PF Stg5+, ez, Jul-03-15 01:45 PM #1
RE: Ideas? No start- PF Stg5+, corsagsbo, Jul-03-15 06:07 PM, #2
      RE: Ideas? No start- PF Stg5+, ez, Jul-04-15 02:42 PM, #3
           RE: Ideas? No start- PF Stg5+, J, Jul-04-15 03:46 PM, #4
                RE: Ideas? No start- PF Stg5+, ModeratorCorbin, Jul-18-15 05:56 PM, #5
                     RE: Ideas? No start- PF Stg5+, corsagsbo, Jul-19-15 01:24 PM, #6
                          RE: Ideas? No start- PF Stg5+, corsagsbo, Aug-05-15 03:23 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109770 Previous topic | Next topic