Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109483
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: turbo advice needed" Previous topic | Next topic
TurbchargdSpydrJul-26-12 09:03 AM
Member since Jul 25th 2010
159 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109484, "RE: turbo advice needed"
In response to In response to 0

Originally posted by Pureinsanity
Hello I asked this Question on DSM talk and they pointed me to this site.Anyway I recently built my 420a up with forged internals and all that good stuff. SO now i need the turbo kit and thats when i started to get confused. So before I started buying wrong parts I thought I better ask some questions. I'd like to have about 500 hp. No more then that though! So what size turbo and intercooler would I probobly need? Will a turbo with a .50 compressor and a .63 exhaust turbine reach that high? Sorry If my post is a little sloppy I just woked up and whanted to post this before I left for work. Thanks!

First of all, if you want any good help from the mods of this site, I would advise you to use spell check as they are very anal about spelling and grammar. 500 hp for your engines requires a lot of work and money. Your looking at, at least a 20g turbo witch is a little bigger than a 60-1 trim turbo. All turbos vary of course. Also you will not be using a SFMU or an FMU, your looking at a megasquirt EMS or a 8 injector setup for your fuel setup. The problem I had with having a megasquirt is tuning, many of the shops around me do not know how to tune it or don't want to.

In my opinion, if your just looking for something fast to drive in, max out the sfmu setup at around 300hp give or take. If you still want 500hp, look for an evo or a subie, or something other than a 420a! Hope this helps!

Last of a dying breed...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

turbo advice needed [View all] , Pureinsanity, Jul-26-12 08:48 AM
  RE: turbo advice needed, TurbchargdSpydr, Jul-26-12 09:03 AM #1
RE: turbo advice needed, Gruff511, Jul-26-12 10:29 AM, #2
RE: turbo advice needed, AdministratorCODE4, Jul-26-12 10:36 AM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109483 Previous topic | Next topic