Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108624
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: HRC Install with a few questions" Previous topic | Next topic
Fallen4ng31Mar-29-11 05:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108625, "RE: HRC Install with a few questions"
In response to In response to 0
Mar-29-11 05:05 AM by Fallen4ng31

Originally posted by Sllew
I've been thinking of installing a turbo for years, and finally decided to go for it and got a Hahn Stage 1 turbo kit. Most of the instructions they sent are good, and this site has helped a lot. First off, the kit came with this thing in the fuel system box with no instructions on what to do with it and I have no idea what it is for.

Also the instructions say to T the short hose that goes from the compressor housing to the wastegate line to use as a signal hose for the fuel pressure regulator. Do I just cut the hose and T it? It just seems like a weird place to get a compression signal to me.

Also in the middle of the turbocharger are 4 holes, but from what I've seen in pictures, only the oil inlet and outlet are used. I was just wondering what the other two holes are and is it ok just to leave them open?

Last thing, the kit mentions a metal tube for the return line to the fuel pump, but my kit does not come with one, and it's not mentioned on the item checklist. Do I need one? Or would one of the other fuel lines work just as well?

1. It's a relay for the fuel pump.

2. You can use any vacuum source for the FPR, but it is wise to use a dedicated one.

3. Two of those are coolant passages. One of the nice thing about those particular kits is that you have the option to cool VIA oil and water. If you're not planning on running coolant through the turbo, just buy the proper size plugs for the passages.

4. This one I'm not sure on. When I did mine, the return came from the FPR, which was mounted next to the canister on the underside of the car; Thus the return was very short.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HRC Install with a few questions [View all] , Sllew, Mar-28-11 02:04 PM
  RE: HRC Install with a few questions, Fallen4ng31, Mar-29-11 05:04 AM #1
RE: HRC Install with a few questions, Sllew, Mar-29-11 11:28 AM, #2
RE: HRC Install with a few questions, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-29-11 03:06 PM, #3
RE: HRC Install with a few questions, Ebster1085, Mar-29-11 03:59 PM, #4
      RE: HRC Install with a few questions, Sllew, Mar-29-11 04:37 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108624 Previous topic | Next topic