Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #107033
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need some opinions on my setup" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipserstturboAug-10-09 02:29 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107033, "Need some opinions on my setup"

I have a 98 RS-T that blew the motor about 8 months ago. Finally have the time to start building it the way I want it. I've got an idea of where I want it to be when I'm finished, but I value your opinions so I'm open for suggestions. Currently I have the head and block torn completely down. I've got a set of Forged Wiseco .020" over pistons on the way. Working on getting a set of Forged Eagle H-Beams soon. Then it's to the machine shop.

Okay so here's my goal. Run low boost (around 5lbs) during break in and until I get the rest of my fuel upgrades. Then I want to kick it up to about 10lbs, and maybe 15 after about 8-10 months of that. The car has a Ebay T3/T4 turbo, log style manifold, external wastegate with a 5lb spring in it now ( I also have a 3lb and 7-8lb spring), 10:1 FMU, Synapse missing link, Walbro 255, FMIC, TurboXS BOV, and a GlowShift boost gauge. That is what I'll be running it on for a couple months.

Here's what I'm going to get to run 10lbs:
340cc Injectors, AEM Wideband, EGT Gauge, Apexi SAFC, Greddy Turbo Timer, Electronic FCD, EGR blockoff, I'm removing the 10:1 FMU and I'm going to install my adjustable FPR that I found a few days ago that I forgot I bought.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. If I left something out feel free to add it.

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Need some opinions on my setup [View all] , eclipserstturbo, Aug-10-09 02:29 PM
  RE: Need some opinions on my setup, 420agreenvilleSC, Aug-10-09 05:34 PM, #1
RE: Need some opinions on my setup, djtrickee, Aug-11-09 09:41 AM, #2
      RE: Need some opinions on my setup, Moderatorcs82685, Aug-11-09 10:33 AM, #3
           RE: Need some opinions on my setup, eclipserstturbo, Aug-11-09 11:29 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #107033 Previous topic | Next topic