Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #105395
View in linear mode

Subject: "Here's my repost about the 2 kits and to Bill..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
SkrillaMar-23-01 07:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105410, "Here's my repost about the 2 kits and to Bill..."
In response to In response to 10

Well since my name has been brought up several times, I'm being called out. So here's my couple of cents:
I'd like to say that the arguments so far are nothing more than subjective.

It's all about personal taste. BOTH turbo manifolds could be made better. The star manifold isn't symmetrical but it doesn't crack or cause excessive heat in one particular area in the exhaust, but the Star is made of a stronger material so it can better combat the heat. Realistically this doesn't mean a Damn thing. If the HRC SS manifold is properly treated to take the heat and last then it's nothing to worry about. Some of you have also brought up the fuel "problem". The Star Kit was designed to run on 10lbs nothing more. It could be made "safer" but if it ain't broke so don't fix it. Our engines run rich enough to lean 6% stock w/o ANY detonation so the Star Kit provides ample fuel. The turbos are also subjective but as Stan said just about everyone who is pressurized who runs down the track uses a Garret design. Now as much as I know some of you HRC users will hate me saying this, the T3/T4(especially E) is more efficient. Turbo efficiency is based on CFM's and the Hybrid in the Star Kit is the more efficient turbo and capable of more power. All I have to say about this is who cares! My comparison was based on my experiences driving and physically INSTALLING BOTH kits. Albiet the HRC directions are flawless but I had no serious problems. The T3/T4 E trim that's available as an upgrade is dirt cheap through Wyatt. The Mitsubishi HI turbos also have a design flaw as compared to the "more efficient" Garret that has been reposted for us by Stan. It doesn't matter so far it has never happens. So this is only theory, but one that could happen. The Star also comes with thicker diameter piping and works on ANY 2GNT. The HRC doesn't and even requires welding when upgrading. The Star is equiped w/a FM intercooler at no extra cost. We also mentioned performance records. That means little since the Star Kit is available cheaper and with people who don't often go to the track. So I'd like to bring this in. Wyatt has recently installed a Stage1 Star that ran FIVE PSI and covered the quarter in 14.5s and ZERO INTERCOOLING. I haven't seen an HRC do that and it doesn't matter, but that's DAMN impressive and besides the point. The point is BOTH KITS are good and have their strong points and weak points. Both provide sportscar power at 10 psi and flow sufficient fuel, so purchasing a kit is just like buying a Car. Do your research and decide which one is right for you. If anyone has COMPLETELY read my review they would know that I wasn't "biased". I listed poor qualities and good qualities with each kit. The comparison not only helped people to decide to purchase Star Kits, it helped people get Hahn Kits as well. Check Wyatt's Guest book on his Website. I've also received email thanx for help and understanding. We are all good friends here, at least I'd like to think, so lets not make anything more than this, about the kits. This is obviously a questions that will be asked for a while(which kit is better) so lets make sure to properly educate. As I've written before I actually prefer MHI Turbos so I don't think my comparison was biased towards star. I mearly think the Star Kit is better capable of performance. All one needs are injectors, SAFC, boost and internals an could EASILY put 300HP to the wheels! Kinda exciting. With some more timing control 400HP is possible. Then again HRC has support but so does Star(Wyatt). HRC has also proven themselves with a 600HP VIPER STOMPING Neon.

Anyway - BILL - I'm slightly dissapointed in your actions. When YOU ASKED ME to email you with my comparison, you were given a chance to PERSONALLY dispute my "comparison"(as you like to refer to it).

You never did and that became your loss by your own decision not to respond.

I am a VERY cooperative person and you decided to ignore you opportunity. I would have changed it.

"Nothing against Skrilla, I just do not find the 'comparison' to be an objective statement based upon equal actual experience with both systems, nor is it composed from an unbiased expert's point of view."

Bill we are both intelligent people. Magazines spend their days writing about car performance to their subjective views even though almost NONE of them are engineers, have taken a driver's course or anything of the sort. Opinions are considered truth so long as it never succumbs to degradation and lies (freedom of speech) . So opinions are almost never based on unbiased expert's point of view and nor do they have to be.

With that said I find your statement to be a carless. I am always free to open discussion, especially when it was I lending you the helping hand. Still I have no hard feelings and continue to admire you work and are especially excited to to Len's 750HP+ Neon wup some A$$. Drop mail sometime.

Seeya...

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy

Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why? [View all] , Islndr1, Mar-21-01 06:50 AM
  all I can say is HRC, MWC, Mar-21-01 07:19 AM, #1
RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, Locke, Mar-21-01 07:28 AM, #2
RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, Islndr1, Mar-21-01 07:47 AM, #3
RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, 95ESi, Mar-21-01 07:47 AM, #4
      RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, 99GSBBTurbo, Mar-21-01 08:06 AM, #5
           RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, dsm1, Mar-21-01 09:04 AM, #6
                RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, cyan, Mar-21-01 03:18 PM, #7
                RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, TeamJeff_99gs, Mar-21-01 04:33 PM, #8
                     RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, cyan, Mar-21-01 06:07 PM, #9
                RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, VendorHRC, Mar-22-01 03:44 AM, #10
                     It's really not that hard of a decision, Lee, Mar-22-01 04:59 AM, #11
                     RE: It's really not that hard of a decision, Locke, Mar-22-01 05:49 AM, #12
                          RE: It's really not that hard of a decision, klipzracer, Mar-22-01 05:02 PM, #13
                               RE: It's really not that hard of a decision, TeamStan2gnt, Mar-22-01 05:58 PM, #14
                     Here's my repost about the 2 kits and to Bill..., Skrilla, Mar-23-01 07:54 AM #15
                          RE: Here's my repost about the 2 kits and to Bill..., VendorHRC, Mar-26-01 12:25 AM, #16
                               RE: Here's my repost about the 2 kits and to Bill..., Skrilla, Mar-27-01 06:36 AM, #18
RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, Islndr1, Mar-26-01 06:28 AM, #17

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #105395 Previous topic | Next topic