Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #7210
View in linear mode

Subject: "Turbo and wastegate compatability" Previous topic | Next topic
grneclipseJul-08-01 12:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
743 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7210, "Turbo and wastegate compatability"

Alrighty, boys and girls,

my manifold on my "custom" turbo kit is officially cracked. It is/was a equal lengths, tubular manifold similar to TOMMYBOYS. It's cracked on runners 1,2, and 3 and for the past 2 wks, I've been hearing it sputter but I only thought that the manifold wasn't bolted down enough but when I pulled the heat wrap off the manifold, there they were some disturbing cracks. *note* never piece together your own turbo kit, it's a pain...now my question to your turbo gurus *MWC, THUNDER, STAN, WYATT, JASON, etc....* Now I'm going to try and get it welded (if I can get it off) but I'm scared that it's just going to crack again so.......

Ok the scenario, saw an ad on the parts trader for a star manifold, THAT"S it...nothing else, I know that I need a downpipe, ok, I'll worry about that later....my questions

1. Besides the t3/t4 turbo, what other turbo will bolt up to the star manifold, ????

and IF a turbo that has an internal wastegate can bolt on, what do i do about the hole that was for the wastegate??

2. What wastegate can I use besides the Delta?? I'm not too familiar with how the external wastegate works?

Thanks all! I'm still pretty green with the turbo thing and if MWC never came up here to help me finish up my "project" than I wouldn't have ever finished, NOW i run into this, I hope somebody can shed some light onto this.

Mick

Don't have the stock Eclipse anymore
Just a stock Gsr now,

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Turbo and wastegate compatability [View all] , grneclipse, Jul-08-01 12:21 PM
  RE: Turbo and wastegate compatability, TeamJasonESi_T, Jul-08-01 12:31 PM, #1
so what you're saying....., grneclipse, Jul-08-01 12:40 PM, #2
      RE: so what you're saying....., TeamJasonESi_T, Jul-09-01 01:57 AM, #4
RE: Turbo and wastegate compatability, TeamStan2gnt, Jul-08-01 12:54 PM, #3
RE: Turbo and wastegate compatability, PuRe RaGe, Jul-09-01 04:40 AM, #5
      RE: Turbo and wastegate compatability, TeamJasonESi_T, Jul-09-01 06:21 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #7210 Previous topic | Next topic