Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #699
View in linear mode

Subject: "Blow by and compression test results" Previous topic | Next topic
manekJan-04-01 09:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
31 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#699, "Blow by and compression test results"

well i've been getting serious blow by (oil shooting out of crank case filter) for about a month now........went and had a compression test........all my cylinders are getting between 170-175, except cyl #3 which got 50!!!!!!!!!!! they said it could be a bad/bent valve. going in for a compression leak test to dtermine what is causing the low compression. a bad valve wouldn't cause blow by would it? are you guys getting excessive amounts of oil out of your crank case filter?? i mean if i punch it hard it will drinch my battery (area) with oil.......if a valve is the reason for my low compression but doesn't fix the blow by i'm just going to run a tube from the crank case breather and tap into my oil return line from the turbo.....should be easy.

anthony Star II (E)........

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Blow by and compression test results [View all] , manek, Jan-04-01 09:47 AM
  RE: Blow by and compression test results, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-04-01 11:14 AM, #1
RE: Blow by and compression test results, TeamStan2gnt, Jan-04-01 02:36 PM, #2
RE: Blow by and compression test results, manek, Jan-04-01 11:04 PM, #3
RE: Blow by and compression test results, Nemizis, Jan-05-01 12:43 AM, #4
RE: Manek, BoostnRS, Jan-05-01 08:44 AM, #5
RE: Manek, manek, Jan-05-01 11:50 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #699 Previous topic | Next topic