Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #5552
View in linear mode

Subject: "Im loosing it.....after a bottom end rebuild...now this!!" Previous topic | Next topic
E_ME_2May-26-01 03:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
57 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5552, "Im loosing it.....after a bottom end rebuild...now this!!"

Ok, I finally got my new NGK spark plugs in today....one heat range cooler....so I go to put them in....On the last cylinder on the right...#4 I pull the boot and oil! yes oil! so I pull the spark plug...oil dripping off the electrode...damn! however, there had been no signs of anything wrong..no smoke no nothing...So I put the plug back in and start her up...a puff of smoke comes out of the breather and a little more out of the exhaust. I put in my new plug and drow 40 miles home...NO SMOKE NO PROBLEM. I get home to check the plug...theres oil on it but only on the threads and not the electrode..the electrode is bone dry.. I only have 1120 miles on upgraded block(je piston.crower and ring) oh and valve job...and still no smoke ??
My mechanic said either some oil got into cylinder when he put oil in or that oil pushed its way up while the engine was still brand new and the rings hadnt sealed...??
Wouldnt there be oil on the electrode if there was oil in the cylinder ??

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Im loosing it.....after a bottom end rebuild...now this!! [View all] , E_ME_2, May-26-01 03:06 PM
  RE: Im loosing it.....after a bottom end rebuild...now this!!, TeamStan2gnt, May-26-01 03:35 PM, #1
RE: Im loosing it.....after a bottom end rebuild...now this!!, Kory, May-27-01 06:13 AM, #2
      RE: Im loosing it.....after a bottom end rebuild...now this!!, RAIZIN, May-27-01 11:13 AM, #3
           RE: Im loosing it.....after a bottom end rebuild...now this!!, cyan, May-27-01 02:28 PM, #4
                RE: Im loosing it.....after a bottom end rebuild...now this!!, ECLiPSE56, May-28-01 01:25 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #5552 Previous topic | Next topic