Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #47207
View in linear mode

Subject: "FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM" Previous topic | Next topic
augie28Apr-21-03 04:36 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
32 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47207, "FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM"

I have a 95 model eclipse with a hahn stage 2, on the 95 model, the stock fpr is on the fuel rail. When setting up the fuel system, the fuel pressure between the fuel rail and the fmu is set at 50lbs but the fuel pressure in the fuel rail is 65lbs. I'm wondering if any of you have ever found a way to eliminate or gut out the stock fpr so that i can properly tune the fuel pressure. At this point, if i lower the fuel pressure with the fmu i can get the right pressure in the fuel rail but it leans out at full boost. So i think the stock fpr is restricting fuel flow enough that it is raising the pressure in the rail. Another thing i should tell you is that when the gauge is connected to the fuel rail, if i unhook the vacuum line to the stock fpr, the fuel pressure does not increase. So i think it may be toast anyway. Any thoughts, suggestions or criticisms welcome, thanks

95 ECLIPSE RS, HRC STAGE 1, CUSTOM SPEARCO FRONT MOUNT, REAR DISC CONVERSION, SUSPENSION TECHNIQUES SWAY BARS, EIBACH PRO-KIT, KYB STRUTS, POWER STOP ROTORS FRONT, POWERSLOT REAR, MISSING LINC, CUSTOM UPHOLSTERED SEATS, PHOENIX GOLD, BOSTON ACOUSTICS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM [View all] , augie28, Apr-21-03 04:36 PM
  RE: FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM, TeamMetalJim, Apr-21-03 11:02 PM, #1
RE: FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM, augie28, Apr-22-03 02:58 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #47207 Previous topic | Next topic