Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #4427
View in linear mode

Subject: "I'm one of you now!! (long)" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamStan2gntApr-29-01 04:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4427, "I'm one of you now!! (long)"

LAST EDITED ON 29-Apr-01 AT 09:38 PM (PST)

Minus BOV for a day or two and running a little hotter than usual but didn't overheat tonight after 20min of driving (I've had simular experineces with nitrous and even normall aspirated but more volatile now. I'll take care of that when I get the head gasket on or sooner if I have to). drove about 20min tonight and the turbo sounds bad ass. Not much happening before 3500rpms but from there it goes nicely and sound bad ass (I know I said it already but it REALLY sounds bad ass). Haven't put the back seat back on yet but let me be the 1000 person to say "the Walbro pump is loud". A/F gauge pegged at .1V throughout boost. FMU went on easy. Fuel pump not nearly as bad as I was expecting. I wouldn't say cracking the fuel feed line way easy but that was nothing compared to the numerous stuck bolts I encountered day before (it took all of 5min to break that loose). Fuel pump fit the bracket better than people said it would too.
Dont ask me to compare it to nitrous yet cause I didn't drive it enough to say anymore than nitrous is stronger initially. After that I really cant tell yet. Partly because of the different sounds. Floored the T from a 3500rpm standstill and I didn't hear or feel much (in comparison) but tires being stredded. Do that with nitrous and it sounds like Kenny Bernstein doing a burnout.

Finally everyone says their first drive with their turbo was smile inducing fury. My first drive was several trips around the block not even in boost just hoping oil and fluids dont shoot out from where I worked at (although it happened in my driveway. Filter gasket stuck to the engine block and put new filter on. Idled for a few minutes then next thing I know 3 gallons of fresh mobil 1 all over my driveway. Big ass oil spill #2). It wasn't until several trips down the street and back to my driveway before I let it rip a few times (then back to the driveway again).

Up next: new gasket and .020 gasket plate, then mounting intercooler.
Is it me or does a turbo'd 420A sound a lot meaner than a turbo 4G62? (oops I meant 4G63)

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon 420A-Turbo
Former and future nitrous user

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

I'm one of you now!! (long) [View all] , TeamStan2gnt, Apr-29-01 04:34 PM
  RE: I'm one of you now!! (long), cyan, Apr-29-01 05:07 PM, #1
RE: I'm one of you now!! (long), dsm1, Apr-29-01 05:11 PM, #2