Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #34009
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!" Previous topic | Next topic
Matt_95tgsNov-07-02 04:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1246 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34012, "RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!"
In response to In response to 0

Sounds like you have a real nice car there. I have been toying with the idea of going with a targa top now for quite awhile, but it makes me nervous hehe. Did you do it yourself, or have a shop do it?? The only thing in that list that would make me a bit nervous is the AFC. You need to be careful that you don't make a lot of correction with the AFC, because when you do that, the ecu increases timing significantly. What happens is when you lean out with the AFC, it reduces the MAP voltage. With our cars, the computer uses the MAP voltage to help compute engine load as well as injector duty cycle. When the computer thinks that there is less load on the engine, it increases timing for efficiency and power gains. The problem is that with the afc, the computer can think there is a load % on the engine that cooresponds to vacuum conditions when you are actually under boost. This increases timing too high for boosted conditions and causes detonation. I'm sure using the afc for fine tuning will be ok, but I would use an adjustable fuel regulator to get close to where you want to be first.

Otherwise, I'm impressed, looks like you have a very nice setup. Welcome to the board man!

Matt
1995 Eclipse GS
2.0L, S16g Turbo, 8 Injectors, 26psi

1998 Eclipse GSX
2.3L Stroker, AEM EMS Converted to Speed Density, FP3065 Turbo, 35psi , and so on...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents! [View all] , widebodied, Nov-07-02 04:17 AM
  RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!, BoostedGS, Nov-07-02 04:30 AM, #1
RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!, Teamner947, Nov-07-02 04:39 AM, #2
RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!, Matt_95tgs, Nov-07-02 04:40 AM #3
RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!, widebodied, Nov-07-02 05:07 AM, #4
      RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!, soldier101, Nov-07-02 06:58 AM, #5
      RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!, Strauss, Nov-07-02 07:04 AM, #6
      RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!, widebodied, Nov-07-02 08:13 AM, #11
      RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!, Matt_95tgs, Nov-07-02 07:08 AM, #7
           RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!, 9D9 MITSU RS, Nov-07-02 07:27 AM, #8
                RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!, mitsuman, Nov-07-02 07:48 AM, #9
                     RE: You turbo guys tell me what you think! please leave your 2 Cents!, widebodied, Nov-07-02 08:08 AM, #10

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #34009 Previous topic | Next topic