Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1275
View in linear mode

Subject: "WOOHOOO FINALLY! (my experience)" Previous topic | Next topic
95ESiJan-29-01 08:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1275, "WOOHOOO FINALLY! (my experience)"

WOOOOOOHOOOO finally...after one whole month of not being able to drive my car my turbo install is complete. Everything that needs to be bolted up, soldered, welded, bent, cut is done!

My downpipe needed to be bent to make it fit since my oil return line left no clearance for it (my bad -- i didn't want to have the bolts sticking so high into the oil pan though). I had gotten a flex section welded on it initially, but it was off ab bit. It really helps if you get any sort of welding done to take it in with your car! Anyhow, the flex section I got was a dinky little 2.25" one (but this 2.25" ID is very short! it's only 5" long!), they couldn't find any 2.5" ID.

I can tell you one thing...it's not fun driving with a downpipe that's not bolted properly to the cat and the turbo. It smells real bad, things start to melt, and your car sounds like it's farting *real* loud. Plus it doesn't really move to well.

The i/c pipes blocked and broke off my transaxle position switch connector (which I learned the hard way). I drove to the gas station on my careful test drive to fill up on premium gas and I couldn't get the car started again. It was so embarrassing... :o The attendants came over and looked at my car and I had no clue what was wrong...I thought my engine had seized! Fortunate for the quick thinking of the BCAA tow truck guy, he bypassed my ignition system and hot wired the starter motor making my car come back to life. I drove home and next day, I connected up the switch to the harness with some wires.

Also, I had to cut a bit off the i/c pipe cause it was a tad bit long. I really don't know why I had to do this...no matter how hard I pulled/pushed/adjusted, I just couldn't get it to fit!

Anyhow...I hope my car can now run good...now to test it...hope tuned it right!

BTW, are there any air regulators that measure in finer intervals? ie 5 psi increments and not 10 or 20?

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1275 Previous topic | Next topic