Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109581
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: DIY Diode Based Fuel Cut Defender (FCD)" Previous topic | Next topic
Tired2Dec-04-12 03:56 PM
Member since Sep 23rd 2012
124 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109584, "RE: DIY Diode Based Fuel Cut Defender (FCD)"
In response to In response to 2
Dec-04-12 08:34 PM by Tired2

Haha, nice feedback.

I never claimed I invented the zener diode clamp, nor this implementation of it. I was simply trying to fill an information gap in this forum and the 2gnt knowledge base it contains. The fuel cut defender info I found on this forum, and any information I found pertaining to MAP voltage clamping in general typically negates the current limiting resistor.

As mentioned, negating that resistor assumes a lot about the output impedance of the MAP. I reported real world findings from my MAP sensor on the car this forum is based around.

From what I have seen from my brief time on this forum, it is lacking people who really want to help with anything. This topic was intended to give back some information to someone like me just getting into this 15 year old vehicle who would run into the problems I had trying to research a cheap way to work out a FCD. I guess now I know better.

Also, I'd like to see a link to that forum post. I guarantee my words are my own, as is the photo, and my ASCII schematic.

It is too old to edit now, but Above I meant "1N4732A" for a 4.3V version.
I think that yellow/green wire is actually 'yellow with a black stripe'

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

DIY Diode Based Fuel Cut Defender (FCD) [View all] , Tired2, Nov-28-12 09:20 AM
  RE: DIY Diode Based Fuel Cut Defender (FCD), Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-28-12 10:35 AM, #1
RE: DIY Diode Based Fuel Cut Defender (FCD), AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Dec-03-12 03:55 PM, #2
      RE: DIY Diode Based Fuel Cut Defender (FCD), Tired2, Dec-04-12 03:56 PM #3
           RE: DIY Diode Based Fuel Cut Defender (FCD), Slo2g, Dec-05-12 12:34 AM, #4
                RE: DIY Diode Based Fuel Cut Defender (FCD), Tired2, Dec-05-12 08:57 AM, #5
                     RE: DIY Diode Based Fuel Cut Defender (FCD), Rtistyk, Dec-30-12 05:06 PM, #6
                          RE: DIY Diode Based Fuel Cut Defender (FCD), Tired2, Feb-08-13 10:20 AM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109581 Previous topic | Next topic