Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #107753
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need some opinions on if this is ok or not." Previous topic | Next topic
MreclecthdApr-05-10 10:38 PM
Member since Apr 05th 2010
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107753, "Need some opinions on if this is ok or not."

Ok, So I found this site, and have been reading and searching for hours and hours now. And am finally ready to ask my question. I know I'm gonna get bashed for this, because, from what you guys say, this question is up at least once a week. But all I wanna know if this is a good and reliable setup. I'm not looking for a whole lot of power. And I don't really have any plans on upgrading in the future. I just wanna have a little fun with my car. (99 eclipse gs) And I'm on a budget ha. I know a moderate amount about turbo's and turboing a car. I just want to double check with people who would know specifically about turboing a 420A. I got this setup from a friend of mine, so please spare me the bashing if it's just a big pile of crap. So here it is.

(Unknown manufacturer)T3/T4 turbo. (Probably from ebay. Ha!)
38MM External Wastegate.
FMIC
All piping and clamps and whatnot.
Oil feed and return lines.
AFR guage and turbo timer.
Oil catch tank.
FPR with a guage. (Fuel pressure regulator right?)
HKS SSQ BOV

Ok so that's what he gave me.

Here is what I gathered from this site.

I should probably get the following.

Walbro 255lph fuel pump.
SFMU. (Which is a fuel management unit right?)
(Maybe) Bigger injectors. 270cc?

So with all of that stuff listed, is there anything I missed that I'm going to need? I know this has probably been answered a million and one times, But I just wanna make sure for these specific parts that I'm getting you know?

Thanks guys.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Need some opinions on if this is ok or not. [View all] , Mreclecthd, Apr-05-10 10:38 PM
  RE: Need some opinions on if this is ok or not., RoninEclipse2G, Apr-06-10 11:52 AM, #1
RE: Need some opinions on if this is ok or not., ModeratorCorbin, Apr-06-10 07:20 PM, #2
      RE: Need some opinions on if this is ok or not., smokecessories, Apr-13-10 04:56 PM, #3
           RE: Need some opinions on if this is ok or not., SilvrEclips, Apr-13-10 09:32 PM, #4
                RE: Need some opinions on if this is ok or not., Hedge, Jun-04-10 10:28 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #107753 Previous topic | Next topic