Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #106441
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Will this help my fuel supply???" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorCorbinMay-16-09 07:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106459, "RE: Will this help my fuel supply???"
In response to In response to 5

The tee is what I'm picking on at the moment. If you hook it up the way I think you would, it would allow high pressure fuel (shown in red) to flow unrestricted back into the tank. You would build very little pressure in the fuel rail. I think you'll run very lean then.

Next on the list is the little silver regulator with no vacuum hook-up. That will only allow you to set a static fuel pressure that does not change with boost. Unless you want to flood your engine at idle, you could only use it to set a minimum fuel pressure (pretty useless). In that case, the cartech would only add fuel pressure on top of that (putting you in no better position than you are now).

If you knew what your fuel pressures were, you could probably trouble shoot your lean issue. It might be that the cartech does not have a high enough gain for you (especially if you set your static pressure super low to keep from running pig rich at idle). It might be that your fuel pump cannot flow enough fuel at the pressures you are running.

If you read through the wiki, you will find several articles about fuel system setup. That might be helpful in understanding how you have your system set up and how you need to change it.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Will this help my fuel supply??? [View all] , Boosted_Talon98, May-14-09 01:40 AM
  RE: Will this help my fuel supply???, 420agreenvilleSC, May-14-09 02:39 PM, #1
RE: Will this help my fuel supply???, eclipse982nrRST, May-14-09 04:31 PM, #2
RE: Will this help my fuel supply???, ModeratorCorbin, May-14-09 05:59 PM, #3
      RE: Will this help my fuel supply???, Boosted_Talon98, May-15-09 01:42 AM, #4
           RE: Will this help my fuel supply???, Boosted_Talon98, May-16-09 05:02 AM, #5
                RE: Will this help my fuel supply???, ModeratorCorbin, May-16-09 07:28 AM #6
                     RE: Will this help my fuel supply???, Boosted_Talon98, May-16-09 02:02 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #106441 Previous topic | Next topic