Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #103977
View in linear mode

Subject: "Questions about new turbo install" Previous topic | Next topic
msl-manJul-15-08 04:04 PM
Member since Nov 29th 2003
111 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103977, "Questions about new turbo install"

Figured I try asking questions in the right section. I have a brand new engine with a brand new turbo system, portfueler, etc.

I'm in the process of breaking in the engine. My questions are these:

I have not ceramic coated the downpipe but I have the majority of it heat wrapped. I heats everything up extremely quick. I have the aluminum visteon radiator and that gets so hot I can't even touch it just after a couple minutes of driving. (I've only put a few miles on the car so far. Is this normal or cause for concern?

Also, my A/F ratio jumps up into the 20's under hard acceleration right before I hit boost. For the most part it has been keeping right around 15. The Fuel pressure is set at 50psi. Is the portfueler not doing its job? I'm not exactly sure where to start in tuning this thing. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Other than that everything seems to be going alright. I pulled the spark plugs and those look alright. It idles smoothly and doesn't stutter. Thanks in advance guys.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Questions about new turbo install [View all] , msl-man, Jul-15-08 04:04 PM
  RE: Questions about new turbo install, msl-man, Jul-16-08 02:12 PM, #1
RE: Questions about new turbo install, navyguns, Jul-16-08 02:37 PM, #2
      RE: Questions about new turbo install, msl-man, Jul-16-08 07:22 PM, #3
      RE: Questions about new turbo install, msl-man, Jul-17-08 02:57 PM, #4
           RE: Questions about new turbo install, navyguns, Jul-17-08 04:09 PM, #5
                RE: Questions about new turbo install, msl-man, Jul-17-08 06:38 PM, #6
                     RE: Questions about new turbo install, navyguns, Jul-18-08 03:02 AM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #103977 Previous topic | Next topic