Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #100795
View in linear mode

Subject: "SFMU Tuning" Previous topic | Next topic
DSMTalonJul-10-07 06:54 PM
Member since Nov 13th 2005
267 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100795, "SFMU Tuning"

ok guys i need some help here. i know these are kind of beginner questions but im scared of messing something up with my engine here when i finally get it boosted (ordered a treadstone turbo kit w/ a TR6 intercooler...ill be sure to take pictures of the install). My fuel setup consists of a SFMU, Walbro 255lph FP, a custom fuel rail(built by terry), and a set of 450 DSM injectors, and a SAFC II. what disc/spring combo do i need to use? and how do i identify them? at this point im planning on only running like 7-8psi of boost until im comfortable with it( then im planning on working up to around 14). what should i set my static fuel pressure to? ive heard that with the 450's it should be around 17psi? ive also heard that using this injector setup, the idle will be horrible (im thinking mine will be kinda bad anyway i have some crower turbo cams installed too) and that i can use the SAFC to get it to idle better. how would i do this? i know i need to brush up on the SAFC manual again..i just installed mine but never messed with it. sorry for the long post, and thanks again in advance. if it wasnt for the gurus on this site, i never would have considered going turbo.

Sanity's Eclipse

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

SFMU Tuning [View all] , DSMTalon, Jul-10-07 06:54 PM
  RE: SFMU Tuning, Moderatorcs82685, Jul-10-07 07:07 PM, #1
RE: SFMU Tuning, DSMTalon, Jul-10-07 07:51 PM, #2
      RE: SFMU Tuning, ChloRure, Jul-11-07 06:54 PM, #3
           RE: SFMU Tuning, DSMTalon, Jul-11-07 07:22 PM, #4
                RE: SFMU Tuning, eclipserst3, Jul-12-07 01:14 PM, #5
                     RE: SFMU Tuning, DSMTalon, Jul-16-07 06:29 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #100795 Previous topic | Next topic