Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #98433
View in linear mode

Subject: "Steps to install power leather seats" Previous topic | Next topic
EricApr-03-07 01:08 PM
Member since Mar 21st 2004
252 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98433, "Steps to install power leather seats"

I finally got my power leather seats installed in my RS. Here are the steps I took.

Use a 14mm socket to remove the 4 bolts holding down the seat. Disconnect the seat belt plug under the seat and take the seat out. Some cars will already have the plug in for a power seat harness. If you have this, plug it into the seat harness, connect the seat belt plug, and bolt in your seat. If you do not have this plug (like myself) below are the steps I took to hookup the seat.

Need:
18 gauge wire
ring terminals (22 - 18)
femail quick disconnects (22 - 18)
30-amp inline fuse (if connecting to battery)

On the higher model DSM's the power seat is off a 30-amp fusiable link together with the power windows. I tapped off the ignition wire as it also uses a 30-amp fusiable link. You could go directly to the battery using a ring terminal and 30-am inline fuse. The female disconnects will slide onto the seat's harness pins. Connect the power to the harness pin that has the blue wire (pin parralle with harness). Connect the ground wire to the harness pin with the black wire (pin perpindicular to the harness). Put a ring terminal on the other end of the ground wire and screwed it to the body along with the seat belt ground wire. Make sure the seat works then connect the seat belt plug and bolt the seat back down.

-Eric

97 Eclipse RS
1/4: 16.15 @ 87.35mph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Steps to install power leather seats [View all] , Eric, Apr-03-07 01:08 PM
  RE: Steps to install power leather seats, talon749, Apr-16-07 05:15 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #98433 Previous topic | Next topic