Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #42337
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: talon taillights help" Previous topic | Next topic
96eclipse2nrMar-10-03 12:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42363, "RE: talon taillights help"
In response to In response to 0
Mar-10-03 12:07 PM by 96eclipse2nr

well i dont own a talon, but i can give the wiring a crack. on the eclipse there are 3 bulbs per side. the 2 inner ones have a dual-filiment bulb used for our stop lights and blinkers. the 1 outside has just one filiment and is just for looks and only comes on with the head/parking lights...so actually we only have those 2 that are blinking or light up for the brakes. anyways, the signal bulbs have 3 wires goin to them...one for ground, one for power from head/parking lights, and another power one for the blinker and brakes. the outer one only has 2 wires, power and ground. i dunno how the talon lights are set up and even which ones blink. i can tell you tho, if you want lights to blink and light up with the head/parking lights, then they have to have a double filiment bulb....then you have to replace the bulb socket with one that is meant for dual filiment bulbs...and that has 3 wires commin into it. then you just tie into the existing wire that blinks and you can have as many as you want blinking or braking but still stay on for your head/parking lights. they key is finding the sockets for the dual filiment bulbs..you find those and all you gotta do is connect a couple wires and your done! kinda hard to explain...hope this helps!

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

talon taillights help [View all] , 250lemans, Mar-09-03 06:35 PM
  RE: talon taillights help, 96eclipse2nr, Mar-10-03 12:05 PM #1
RE: talon taillights help, 250lemans, Mar-10-03 06:03 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #42337 Previous topic | Next topic