Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #355
View in linear mode

Subject: "Did something radical to my interior" Previous topic | Next topic
SaberKhanDec-15-00 08:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#355, "Did something radical to my interior"

No, I didnt have the seats upholstered in leather...I didnt paint anything (else that is). I stripped the back half of my car. I took out all the panels, back seat, bench, big brace the seat mounted too, seat belts, assorted nuts and bolts. I still have all my carpet and door panels and dash and such. I just dont have the stuff in the back. Looks kinda cool though. I cleaned the metal and waxed it. Its really shiny, never been touched by the sun. My car rattled alot before, and now the rattles are gone, just some vibrations which I plan on curing with some light weight dynamat. I plan on putting either an extremely thin carpet down, or vinyl. I've also got another idea. I went to one of those spray on bed liner places that do that spray in bed liner on trucks and they said they could do the spray on the backhalf of my car. Its supposed to offer excellent sound deadening, lightweight, and tough as hell! I think it would look pretty badass myself. Aside from the squeaking gone, my car handles better and I've clocked a 2-3/10's of a second of my 1/4mile consistently. I removed 160lbs of crap outta the car (including two speaker boxes, Punch power 800 and 250). I got 18lbs in bolts and screws alone! Before I was averaging 15.3's in the 1/4mile at around 95mph. Now I'm clocking 15 flat at 98mph. Big thumbs up in my book. Also, gets rid of those pesky back seat riders.

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #355 Previous topic | Next topic