Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #31634
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: blitz urethane what should i expect?" Previous topic | Next topic
Teamner947Sep-26-02 01:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31638, "RE: blitz urethane what should i expect?"
In response to In response to 3

ugh. still have my fiberglass blitz. my stocker was damaged from the previous owner running over a stop sign (he must have been pretty drunk), which gave me an excuse to buy a new bumper. being all "fast and the furious" i was like "yay! rice!" and got it. don't get me wrong, i think it's one of the niceset aftermarket bumpers around, it doesn't have like 352 pointy edges and "looks" like it makes downforce. the fiberglass it was crap, i should have gotten the urethane. i got my fiberglass one from asylumm motorsport, it took forever for them to ship it and it was packed pretty sketchey - just thrown in a box with no bubblewrap or anything. came with the primer scraped off on the edges from not being protected in shipping. whenever i'd bottom out on anything it would be my bumper and only my bumper that would hit the pavement (i've got a 1.6" drop, i think), which weakened it a little more each time. fiberglass doesn't flex, it shatters and cracks. currently, my blitz looks like $*it. i'm gonna put a stocker 97-99 eclipse bumper on as soon as my new projectors. urethane, on the other hand is probably a lot nicer. i learned this the hard way, maybe i shouldn't have been cheap and gotten the urethane instead.

in other words, you're smart for spending the extra cash for urethane. it'll probably last a lot longer than mine did. just don't forget, if you have a talon (the year doesn't matter) you need to get the "95-96 eclipse" bumper unless you either plan on getting new headlights or want to dremel out some of your new bumper. i was stupid and got the 97 eclipse bumper for my 97 talon, and had to dremel it a little. doesn't look THAT bad... heh. anyways, i'm done. sorry for the long post.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

blitz urethane what should i expect? [View all] , 250lemans, Sep-25-02 12:23 PM
  RE: blitz urethane what should i expect?, a1eyed1der, Sep-25-02 12:59 PM, #1
RE: blitz urethane what should i expect?, 250lemans, Sep-25-02 03:48 PM, #2
      RE: blitz urethane what should i expect?, a1eyed1der, Sep-25-02 04:47 PM, #3
           RE: blitz urethane what should i expect?, Teamner947, Sep-26-02 01:10 PM #4

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #31634 Previous topic | Next topic