Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #1098
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Need help removing my bumper..." Previous topic | Next topic
NemizisJan-31-01 07:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
35 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1101, "RE: Need help removing my bumper..."
In response to In response to 0

If you really want the best manual for your car, drop some cash on a factory manual from the dealer. Mine cost me $100, makes the other manuals look like paper weights As for the bumper I've taken mine off several times, and you shouldnt have to touch your headlights or any bolts on the bottom of the bumper!!!. Trust me I've done it both ways. The fastest way I found is to undo the 5 bolts in the middle, right under your hood, pluck your side markers out and undo 2 bolts (facing up) from each side (the pain in the ass ones), remove the plastic fastners on the inner fender well that attach to the bumper (best way not to strip these is unscrew , and finally go under the car, you'll see 4 big bolts (I think 17mm), 2 on each side of the car. They are slightly recessed in the front unibody frame/rails.

Underneath View

Bumper--> ---------------------------------------------------
/-----------------------------------------------------\
/-------------------------------------------------------\
| | | |
| (*) | Front most part of | (*) |
| | unibody frame ----> | |
| (*) | | (*) |
| | | |
| | | |

The bumper has two arms that slide into the front unibody's "rails". Once you undo these bolts, the WHOLE BUMPER will slide out easy, including the arms that slide into the unibody. Once it is out, you can get to any bolt if you wish to take of the
BUMPER SKIN. No ripping or breaking stuff, no messing with headlights. Hope this helps

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Need help removing my bumper... [View all] , brynden29, Jan-30-01 03:02 AM
  RE: Need help removing my bumper..., TJEclipse, Jan-30-01 04:16 AM, #1
RE: Need help removing my bumper..., cyan, Jan-30-01 06:49 AM, #2
RE: Need help removing my bumper..., Nemizis, Jan-31-01 07:48 AM #3
Oops, that ASCII art got knarled...second try, Nemizis, Jan-31-01 08:00 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #1098 Previous topic | Next topic