Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105868
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ground wire surge?" Previous topic | Next topic
jdm1990Nov-23-12 05:22 PM
Member since Jun 19th 2010
76 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105868, "Ground wire surge?"

So coming through my apartmebt parking lot my car shut off. No power to anything. Seconds later white smoke starts coming out of the hood and through the firewall filling up the cabin. I coast into a parkibg spot, jump out and pop my hood. I see a small fire on my ground wire and quickly blow it out. Well today I decided to start pulling out the harness to see if I could determine where it started or figure out what exactpy happen. Harness is apart and all I can find is that my two chasis ground wires took the blunt of the damage. Small burn/fry mark on my positive terminal, but other then that, no damage to any positive wires anywhere.
Even coming off my negative terminal there is little damage minus the chasis grounds. The ground pff the transmission is perfectly fine (other then what was collateral damaga at the terminal) and my ground for MS and most off my sensors that run to the negative are good. Just my two chasis grounds. The one that runs from the negative to the driver strut tower was bad enough it burning in half.Now I'm nowhere good at wiring, but the last time I messed with my harness was two months ago when I redid the alternator field wires. If this had to do with anything I messed with I'd assume it would have happened prior to yesterday. Does ajyone have any input on what could have happened or suggestions for one how to improve my grounding wires or anything? I'd appriciate any help

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Ground wire surge? [View all] , jdm1990, Nov-23-12 05:22 PM
  RE: Ground wire surge?, PsychO, Nov-23-12 07:40 PM, #1
RE: Ground wire surge?, jdm1990, Nov-23-12 07:57 PM, #2
      RE: Ground wire surge?, Moderatorbullettdsm, Nov-24-12 05:46 AM, #3
           RE: Ground wire surge?, jdm1990, Nov-24-12 11:00 AM, #4
                RE: Ground wire surge?, jdm1990, Nov-27-12 02:56 PM, #5
RE: Ground wire surge?, Moderatorbullettdsm, Nov-28-12 04:55 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105868 Previous topic | Next topic