Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105848
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Gauge cluster dead... " Previous topic | Next topic
Tired2Nov-28-12 12:12 PM
Member since Sep 23rd 2012
124 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105876, "RE: Gauge cluster dead... "
In response to In response to 1

Just for completeness.... re-seating the gauges did not in fact fix my problem.... it fixed my temp gauge only (at least I think it did).

I decided that before I sat upside down in the drivers seat for hours with my DVM checking wires, I wanted to verify it was not a problem inside the "black box" that is the fuse box/bcm.

I grabbed a fresh junk yard fuse box at the pick a part place from a gs spyder. The BCM had a different harness on it, so I swapped my old bcm over (that black box on the back of the fuse box)...

All is well now. No connectors needed changed or anything. I have my tach back, fuel gauge, power windows, that awesome beeping sound, brake indicator, airbag lights, check engine light, etc!

For other removing the fuse box... there is a button on top that releases it from the bracket, no need to pull a bolt from the top, just a 10mm (I believe) at the bottom.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Gauge cluster dead... [View all] , Tired2, Oct-25-12 09:59 AM
  RE: Gauge cluster dead... , Tired2, Oct-31-12 06:50 AM, #1
RE: Gauge cluster dead... , Tired2, Nov-28-12 12:12 PM #2

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105848 Previous topic | Next topic