Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105806
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Exterior Trim Remove/Replace" Previous topic | Next topic
DirtMegirtAug-24-12 04:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
205 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105808, "RE: Exterior Trim Remove/Replace"
In response to In response to 1

The trim on the doors, on each side of the window is fairly simple. The trim on the outside attaches to the door frame with a couple screws. The piece on the inside of the window is pressed on by hand. It also has a piece of double sided tape that the top of the door panel will stick to when put back in place. I didn't have any problems ordering these parts from the dealer.

Outside door trim left side: MB914045
Outside door trim right side: MB914046
Inside door trim left side: MB914049
Inside door trim right side: MB914050

The above window trim that attaches to the body, while being almost as easy to replace, is 10x harder to find. There are three pieces that are needed for each side. The first is a metal runner that attaches directly to the body with 7 or so screws. Then the black coated piece, that chips and peels with age, attaches through the runner with another 6 or so screws. Then the rubber seal presses into the second piece, and is secured to the body with a couple plastic clips. The dealer I went to had both the runner as well as the seal in stock for both sides. The problem arises when you try to get the black second piece. I had the dealer look across the country, and they were only able to find me one right side piece. If yours is still in good shape, you could scrape off any loose coating and paint it with the rubberized paint from a rattle can.

Metal runner left side: MB914055
Metal runner right side: MB914056
Middle trim left side: MB881973
Middle trim right side: MB881974
Window seal left side: MB908161
Window seal right side: MB908162

Try contacting both Mitsubishi and Chrysler dealers as I found some of the parts to be significantly cheaper depending on which manufacturer I was dealing with. I believe this info is correct, however since I didn't take pics or notes, I'm not 100% on everything. If you tackle this, take notes and pics if you can and throw the info in the wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Exterior Trim Remove/Replace [View all] , John99RS, Aug-24-12 08:36 PM
  RE: Exterior Trim Remove/Replace, ShovelheadKevin, Aug-23-12 09:36 PM, #1
RE: Exterior Trim Remove/Replace, DirtMegirt, Aug-24-12 04:24 PM #2
      RE: Exterior Trim Remove/Replace, John99RS, Aug-25-12 06:57 PM, #3
           RE: Exterior Trim Remove/Replace, Moderatorteklein, Aug-28-12 04:11 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105806 Previous topic | Next topic