Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105799
View in linear mode

Subject: "9 months worth of updates (ALOT of pictures and a video or two)" Previous topic | Next topic
jdm1990Aug-09-12 11:46 PM
Member since Jun 19th 2010
76 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105799, "9 months worth of updates (ALOT of pictures and a video or two)"

hey guys, not sure if this is the right section, but it said all car pictures should be posted here In short, after 3 years this car is finally stable and driving good. In part because I have friends that we're willing to help and any moment and could never thank enough. So since I was going through some pictures I figured i'd share.
It was a rough week trying to get the car ready for the long drive to Texas from Tampa, especially since the car had no clutch, transmission, or axles haha.

Everything that had to be installed

Time for a major tune up

I think these had enough

My new clutch line (aka GST oil feed line )

I think we found out what was wrong with the old clutch

Video -->http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l112/x8psycho8x/?action=view¤t=video-2012-03-10-17-28-13.mp4

The ofcourse i'd have to visit Dave for some MS needs

Just because it's sexy

The he made my headlights like new

Cars driving for 2 hours and the first repair is needed. Damn Eclipse
s

Last inspect before being Texas bound

Made it without one issue

Basically other then springing an oil leak, the car drove beautiful. Especially for only being on the road for 4 hours after a major overhaul and then driving 14 hours straight. Once I got out to Houston and got stable i've gotten started on a couple different projects with the car. I'd adventured into plati-dip, discovered all the uses for a dremel haha and been doing my best to learn how to tune MS. I've actually caught on a great deal. Tunerstudio definitely makes it easy to understand. The car is a far way from being done and I have no idea what my final goal is, but she's starts every day and that makes me happy. So here are some things i've done out here.
Most importantly, I made a 2gnt friend haha

I also took the axel-back off and just ran open pipe. Atfirst it was just to raspy for me, but just driving around town at low RPM's, it was relatively low and it grew on me. But, i've since re-installed the muffler so I can hear my radio haha

Then had a little fun before I started the plasti-dip. Drove like this for 2 weeks and i got the weirdest looks lol

Front end is done. P.S. the HDR lip lasted about 3 miles before getting ripped off haha

I also opened up the throttle body a little bit. Not to bad IMO since this is the first time i've ever done anything like it.

No more air bock thing

Also made myself a cam sensor and egr block off plate

Just finished painting the car the other night. It's still a little streaky, but for painting it at 10p.m. between 2 dumpsters it's good enough for right now haha

And two random videos with the open pipe.
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l112/x8psycho8x/?action=view¤t=video-2012-05-21-19-05-10.mp4
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l112/x8psycho8x/?action=view¤t=video-2012-05-21-20-40-52.mp4

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

9 months worth of updates (ALOT of pictures and a video or two) [View all] , jdm1990, Aug-09-12 11:46 PM
  RE: 9 months worth of updates (ALOT of pictures and a video or two), Moderatorteklein, Aug-28-12 04:20 AM, #1
RE: 9 months worth of updates (ALOT of pictures and a video or two), jdm1990, Aug-28-12 03:35 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105799 Previous topic | Next topic