Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105789
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Door panel repair" Previous topic | Next topic
bluespunkAug-02-12 07:55 AM
Member since Apr 08th 2008
98 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#105797, "RE: Door panel repair"
In response to In response to 0
Aug-02-12 07:56 AM by bluespunk

I thought about using a lower gray panel like you're describing on my black panel to cover the wholes in the speaker cover that the previous owner made to make room for speakers. I haven't gotten around to trying it yet though.

I don't know how you could patch the crack on the front, but you might be able to keep it from getting worse by taking a plastic welder and attaching some extra plastic behind it to keep it from flexing at the crack. Be careful if you try this, the plastic on the panel is really thin, so you could burn through. I used one to reattach the handle on my chopsaw when it snapped while I was using it last winter. Worked for a couple months before the pressure from pushing down on the handle ripped the patch off. A door panel wouldn't really have any pressure on it though.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Door panel repair [View all] , electrohead, Jul-26-12 05:41 PM
  RE: Door panel repair, bluespunk, Aug-02-12 07:55 AM #1

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105789 Previous topic | Next topic