Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105789
View in linear mode

Subject: "Door panel repair" Previous topic | Next topic
electroheadJul-26-12 05:41 PM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105789, "Door panel repair"

Well, I finally went to a pull a part and I found 4 black interior 2GNTs (I finally scored big!). Tomorrow I'm going to pick up a dash and if possible, the kick panels and scuff panels. But there is always a catch when going to a pull a part. The driver's side door panel has a crack around the vent and speaker opening. Also, the fiberglass panel is cracked as well (easy fix). How hard is it to fix hard plastic pieces? For the bottom part (speaker cover and pocket) I was actually thinking about drilling out the plastic tabs on the back and attaching the gray piece from my current doors using screws in the factory tab locations if I can't fix the crack around the speaker cover. Has anyone tried this, or am I the only thinking this will work? After a good cleaning, I noticed the rest of the parts are in great condition, so I really want to fix the door panel and finally have a full black interior.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Door panel repair [View all] , electrohead, Jul-26-12 05:41 PM
  RE: Door panel repair, bluespunk, Aug-02-12 07:55 AM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105789 Previous topic | Next topic