Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105708
View in linear mode

Subject: "Replace Fog Light Bulbs" Previous topic | Next topic
JMay-18-12 07:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105708, "Replace Fog Light Bulbs"

For those searching...

What you do NOT need to buy or do:
You do NOT need tamper resist bits/sockets, as you do NOT need to touch those screws

What you DO need to buy or do:
#3 Philips Screw Driver (so you don't strip the 'big' screw)
#2 Philips Screw Driver (to remove plastic bezel from bumpter)
#1 Philips Screw Driver (so you don't strip the 'tiny' screws)

Procedure:
1.) Unscrew #2 screw on top of plastic bezel insert to access fog light from front of bumper
2.) Unscrew 'big' #3 philips screw located on the side (closest to the center of the front bumper, behind the fog light, bolting it to frame). Fog light will drop out as the big scew keeps the two pegs in the holes on the opposite side, keeping the light mounted.
3.) Disconnect Electrical Connection & completely remove fog light from vehicle.
4.) Unscrew 3x 'tiny' #1 philips screws on bottom of housing, remove bulb (being careful not to touch), and replace.

After all these years, I just replaced my fog light bulbs for the first time... having been a good fellow & searching for quite some time on the forums here, I wanted to dispell some of the misinformation I found in quite a few posts.

- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105708 Previous topic | Next topic