Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105673
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Really need a heater core replacement write up please" Previous topic | Next topic
bluespunkApr-26-12 05:30 PM
Member since Apr 08th 2008
98 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#105686, "RE: Really need a heater core replacement write up please"
In response to In response to 0

http://www.ehow.com/how_4521309_replace-heater-core-mitsubishi-eclipse.html

You basically have to pull out the dash and enough of the crap behind it to get to the core. Then you have to remove enough stuff in the bay to get at the two hoses behind the motor going into the firewall. They can be a pain depending on how they are clamped in. I don't think I had to pull any AC lines when I pulled one out of a parts car, but it was couple years ago.

Here is a link to a version of the writeup I used the first time I pulled a dash. It could use some cleaning up, but it will help you get the job done. I've done half a dozen at this point. Your first one is the hardest because there are so many hidden screws. You can pull the dash without pulling the steering wheel, but You'll need to pull the front seats out and it is still a major PITA. It's worth it to make the trip to autozone/advanced and rent a steering wheel puller. It also helps to have a friend with you to help maneuver the dash.

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=50011&mode=full

Also, since you going to have to re-add a lot of fluid afterward, it's not a bad time to flush your coolant system if you haven't in a while. A little maintenance never hurt anybody. You may as well replace the heater core hoses with new ones too, they are a pain to change later IMO.

Hope that helps.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Really need a heater core replacement write up please [View all] , papajohnspimp, Apr-21-12 05:17 PM
  RE: Really need a heater core replacement write up please, bluespunk, Apr-26-12 05:30 PM #1
RE: Really need a heater core replacement write up please, Slo2g, Apr-26-12 06:27 PM, #2
      RE: Really need a heater core replacement write up please, bluespunk, Apr-26-12 06:57 PM, #3
           RE: Really need a heater core replacement write up please, papajohnspimp, May-02-12 11:50 PM, #4
                RE: Really need a heater core replacement write up please, bluespunk, May-03-12 02:06 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105673 Previous topic | Next topic