Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105670
View in linear mode

Subject: "Power locks: Relay or mechanism? " Previous topic | Next topic
jdm1990Apr-17-12 07:36 PM
Member since Jun 19th 2010
76 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105670, "Power locks: Relay or mechanism? "

Ok, so i'm attempting to install power locks in my car so when install my alarm I can have keyless entry. So i went to the junkyard today and got the power lock relay and pigtail so I could finish the install. Problem is, with the relay install and pigtail wired in, the power locks are still not working. Now I do only have the driver side installed and the passenger side is still the manual mechanism. From what i've read that shouldn't make a difference tho. I don't hear the relay clicking, but I don't know how to test it either :/ I have also read that if you ground one of the brown wires then it should lock or unlock the locks. Didn't work (any truth to that?). So, is my mechanism shot and I should just do Corbin's write up on replacing the motor or is my relay back? any input?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Power locks: Relay or mechanism? [View all] , jdm1990, Apr-17-12 07:36 PM
  RE: Power locks: Relay or mechanism? , jdm1990, Apr-19-12 08:54 AM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105670 Previous topic | Next topic