Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105636
View in linear mode

Subject: "Issue with rear hatch sensor" Previous topic | Next topic
toueeyoreeyangMar-19-12 08:06 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2012
9 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105636, "Issue with rear hatch sensor"

So I just bought a 98 eclipse gs. (Private seller) Thought I got a good deal for the car. 106,000 miles - $1000 right? Anyways, I fixed up a few issues it had engine wise and then this issue pops up. I found out the car had been rear ended before. Wasn't told this. Trying to figure out why the radio wasn't working. I hooked up a deck and no power. Checked with light checker and power was coming through fine but no power to the deck. I checked up front with the fuses and there wasn't a fuse in the radio/interior light slot. I figured all I needed to do was stick a fuse into the radio slot right? WRONG! Both fuses need to be plugged in to have the radio work. So I plugged both fuses in and low and behold the radio kicked on! Then I noticed something...... there is a door open indicator on the instrument cluster. It now stays on. So in order to have a radio to listen to some tunes on, I must open the hood every time and plug the fuse for the interior lights in. I then must unplug after or it will drain the battery ......... hungry little bugger! It will not shut off even with the key out of the ignition..... need help please..... I will post pics when I get a chance to...... Any advice will help. I now know the hatch was replaced but is there any way to disconnect or fix the sensor in the hatch latch so the indicator won't stay on? So tired of opening the dang hood every day.

Gonna boost it baby!

98 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Issue with rear hatch sensor [View all] , toueeyoreeyang, Mar-19-12 08:06 PM
  RE: Issue with rear hatch sensor, AdministratorCODE4, Mar-20-12 02:18 AM, #1
RE: Issue with rear hatch sensor, toueeyoreeyang, Mar-20-12 05:38 AM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105636 Previous topic | Next topic