Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105071
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Speedometer Gauge Confusion" Previous topic | Next topic
SnortingCayenneNov-28-10 02:56 PM
Member since Nov 21st 2010
8 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105073, "RE: Speedometer Gauge Confusion"
In response to In response to 1
Nov-28-10 09:22 PM by SnortingCayenne

I have rubbed the magic lamp, it has done as you commanded.

Edit: Maybe I should recap...

The gauge assembly (that which contains the meters) has FOUR wires hanging down, they are all white. Each wire has TWO wires, making a total of EIGHT wires. The only set of wires that isn't connected to something is the bottom right set of wires hanging off the gauge assembly.

Here is the mystery: There are two sets of wires, also two other single wires, that are not connected to the gauge assembly. Both sets have a black wire, that is grounded, two yellow wires which look to have some sort of metal connectors at their frayed ends, and also one red wire that is bare.

I believe both of these sets are for the SRS, especially because the SRS light did not light up. Also the FSM seems to suggest as much, though I can't be certain. The FSM shows these wiring but they aren't very clear, and none of them are shown in the position of underneath the gauge assembly. Also the yellow wire with the red sheath, I have no clue what that is for, it is certianly not in the FSM, the black is also a mystery, though probably a ground.

If anyone knows what these wires do, or probably do, any hint would be great. Also, is it possible that the ignition isn't turning over because the SRS was not connected? The FsM did not reference this problem. Thanks!

===============================
I'm like a hunter of spice...one who chases the elusive mayfly of pain...or something like that.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Speedometer Gauge Confusion [View all] , SnortingCayenne, Nov-28-10 02:36 PM
  RE: Speedometer Gauge Confusion, 420agreenvilleSC, Nov-28-10 02:45 PM, #1
RE: Speedometer Gauge Confusion, SnortingCayenne, Nov-28-10 02:56 PM #2
      RE: Speedometer Gauge Confusion, 740 turbo brick, Nov-29-10 01:56 AM, #3
           RE: Speedometer Gauge Confusion, SnortingCayenne, Nov-29-10 02:35 PM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105071 Previous topic | Next topic