Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 6 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104581
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Oem interior question." Previous topic | Next topic
bluespunkApr-12-10 10:43 AM
Member since Apr 08th 2008
98 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#104583, "RE: Oem interior question."
In response to In response to 1

It's probably going to be a lot easier to recover your headliner with black material. I did mine that way. It was a pain to get all the old foam off, but the new headliner went on pretty easy. Just be careful not to damage it when taking it out and putting it back in. The little ears on the corners are easy to f### up. I think I spent a total of $30 of material, not including buying a trashed headliner from the junk yard because mice chewed a hole in mine.

If you go that route, you can get the fabric at Joannes Fabrics. I would invest in proper headliner glue from the parts store. I tried all the "super heavy duty" all purpose stuff, including stuff from 3m that said it would work on heavy headliners, on other projects. They all worked fine until the humidity set in in the summer. Then everything would go to crap. The stuff you would want comes in an orange spray can and says something to the tune of "headliner adhesive" on it. I only used one can, but I remember wishing I had a second when I was doing it.

Spay thin coats in alternating directions. Make sure you wait a few minutes between each coat so the glue has time to set up. Otherwise it will just ruin the fabric by soaking through it. It also probably won't stick to the headliner properly.

If you're willing to put in the time and have a lot of patience, its an easy "mod" that looks pretty good when you're done.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Oem interior question. [View all] , dalesmitsu, Apr-12-10 02:49 AM
  RE: Oem interior question., J, Apr-12-10 06:34 AM, #1
RE: Oem interior question., bluespunk, Apr-12-10 10:43 AM #2
      RE: Oem interior question., dalesmitsu, Apr-12-10 12:37 PM, #3
           RE: Oem interior question., azdave, Apr-12-10 01:18 PM, #4
                RE: Oem interior question., ez, Apr-12-10 03:07 PM, #5
                RE: Oem interior question., AdministratorCODE4, Apr-12-10 05:30 PM, #6
                RE: Oem interior question., RoninEclipse2G, Apr-12-10 06:48 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104581 Previous topic | Next topic