Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104477
View in linear mode

Subject: "Door lock mechanism" Previous topic | Next topic
KnightHawk434thMar-12-10 11:30 AM
Member since May 14th 2007
149 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104477, "Door lock mechanism"

Ok here is the deal. I go to work this morning and my drivers door lock works without problem. I go back out to my car to go home for lunch and my key won't work in the lock mechanism. So i try it a few more times and i finally take a close look at the lock itself. Appears that somewhere, somehow the area around the key insert has been flared out, like someone tried to pry it with a small knife or screwdriver, plus the tumbler is pushed back into the handle slightly. Then I try the key again, and it works this time, but grinds for the whole turn to the unlock position like it is hanging up somewhere. I check advance/napa noone has a listing for it and said it a dealer part. Does anyone know of a place i could get another (even if i have a separate door key, i don't care) besides a dealership? I'm afraid if I go to satan for a set of tumblers it'll cost more than doing a power lock conversion with an aftermarket kit from slickcar. The local junkyards here won't sell a handle or lock unless the door is unable to be sold and i'm not paying 80 bucks/door just for the lock...

-Ben
Black 1999 RS

Basic mods and a South Bend OFE-SS Clutch
~150bhp.....for now!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Door lock mechanism [View all] , KnightHawk434th, Mar-12-10 11:30 AM
  RE: Door lock mechanism, Nightfall, Mar-12-10 07:08 PM, #1
RE: Door lock mechanism, KnightHawk434th, Mar-13-10 03:38 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104477 Previous topic | Next topic