Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #1013
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lets Figure out these Altezza's! (Long)" Previous topic | Next topic
HeDogJan-27-01 04:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1013, "Lets Figure out these Altezza's! (Long)"

Ok. Everyone knows that the Altezza's are manufactured poorly. Everyone keeps posting questions about how they leak and how to stop them from leaking. I just received my set and haven't put them on yet. What I think this posting should do is thoroughly explain where to seal the lights. Not how, but where.The responses to this link should answer any questions to anyone that has these lights.
By finding out where everyone's lights have leaked, those of us that just got them or are thinking about getting them have a good idea of where to seal them. Me personally, I want to seal them and make sure that they are sealed for good. Do it once and do it right! On some postings people say "seal them with silicon". Does this mean completely inject silicon in every crevice or what? For those of you that have successfully sealed your lights, why don't you reply to this posting stating where exactly you had to apply the silicon. Maybe there are common leaks with everyone's lights. At least then we have an idea as to where the problems are and can fix it before we have any water damage to the chrome or inside plastic. We need to do what the manufacturer isn't. Fix the problem.
I've got G2's and Obviously there are spots that will need to be sealed, like on the sides that will face the center section, there is a 1/4" rectangle that is completely open. That one's a no-brainer, but what about the little slit in the middle of each fixture. It is facing the inside of the car. Please indicate which version of Altezza you have, and where you applied silicon, or whatever other sealant you used.
I think that everyone with Altezza's could only benefit by having this question finally answered.

The reason I posted this subject is, I don't want the taillights to look like they should be on the back end of a submarine because of all the sealant on them.

HeDog

http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=879

HeDog

'95 Eclipse GS/Turboed

HRC Stage II with FMIC.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Lets Figure out these Altezza's! (Long) [View all] , HeDog, Jan-27-01 04:59 AM
  RE: Lets Figure out these Altezza's! (Long), Junoon, Jan-27-01 03:53 PM, #1
RE: Lets Figure out these Altezza's! (Long), oRACLe063, Jan-29-01 01:11 AM, #2
      RE: Lets Figure out these Altezza's! (Long), HeDog, Jan-29-01 04:51 PM, #3
           RE: Lets Figure out these Altezza's! (Long), Junoon, Jan-29-01 05:13 PM, #4
                I think I got it, HeDog, Jan-31-01 05:11 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #1013 Previous topic | Next topic