Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 6 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #84253
View in linear mode

Subject: "QUICK! HELP me cut this %#&@*$% window crank OFF (after power conversion)!" Previous topic | Next topic
JApr-22-05 10:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84253, "QUICK! HELP me cut this %#&@*$% window crank OFF (after power conversion)!"

Ok, here's how it is... I didn't realize how this was going to end up & now I need some options!

I had manual crank windows, and now I've got power windows... problem is, I didn't realize that I couldn't cut the tip of the crank off since that's what the worm drive is turning (I thought it turned it @ the base). I wanted to cut the tip off so I could mold the door panel flat & give a real clean look (no switches or anything). NOW, I've got a lil plastic nub sticking out!

Is there ANY WAY AT ALL? that I can make it to cut the tip off?

Just about the only option I could think of so it doesn't look like complete and utter sh*t is to fiberglass the lower part of the door wider w/ a bigger door speaker as an excuse.

HELP, I'M GOING %#&@(@%$#%@ NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

QUICK! HELP me cut this %#&@*$% window crank OFF (after power conversion)! [View all] , J, Apr-22-05 10:28 AM
  RE: QUICK! HELP me cut this %#&@*$% window crank OFF (after power conversion)!, J, Apr-22-05 10:39 AM, #1
RE: QUICK! HELP me cut this %#&@*$% window crank OFF (after power conversion)!, a_miller_76, Apr-22-05 11:48 AM, #2
      RE: QUICK! HELP me cut this %#&@*$% window crank OFF (after power conversion)!, J, Apr-22-05 11:53 AM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #84253 Previous topic | Next topic