Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #79502
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?" Previous topic | Next topic
azdaveJan-07-05 03:39 AM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
694 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80170, "RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?"
In response to In response to 36

Originally posted by scothern
You know, I was thinking (had to aly down, it hurt). why not jsut make the entire light assembly flash on and off when you activate the turn signals? that woudl solve the turn signal issue. then you could just wire a seperate set of LEDs in for the brake lights. Just use a higher voltage LED and should be brighter right? I don't know its been like 9 years since my electronics clases.

In oder to get a nice uniform brightness across the entire tail lamp assembly I have used many SMT LEDs that have a wide viewing angle. These work fine for running lights but when driven at the current levels to make them bright enough for brakes, the amount of heat they put out drives the current consumption way out of the safe zone. In other words, when they get hot they will not be as bright because I have to limit the overall current available or I will have a cascade failure of a bunch of LEDs.

The running lights now will be completely seperate from the brake lights. That lets me use cheaper LEDs for the running lamps where I need a lot more of them. It also lets me take a blocking diode out of the circuit which means I can run more LEDs in series before I reach the ceiling of my voltage regulator output.

Here a pic of the first prototype of right tail assembly. I'm awaiting delivery of some different LEDs to continue testing.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up? [View all] , TheOctane, Dec-15-04 12:23 PM
  RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, EclipseTenzoR, Dec-15-04 12:24 PM, #1
RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, Ark, Dec-15-04 12:34 PM, #2
      RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, eclipse982nrRST, Dec-15-04 02:21 PM, #3
           RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, goalieman24, Dec-15-04 04:39 PM, #4
                RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, DJ420a, Dec-15-04 05:10 PM, #5
                     RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, eclipse982nrRST, Dec-16-04 02:01 AM, #6
                          RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, azdave, Dec-16-04 06:36 AM, #7
                               RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, injendsm, Dec-16-04 06:48 AM, #8
                                    RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, DJ420a, Dec-16-04 10:56 AM, #9
                                         RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, eclipse982nrRST, Dec-16-04 12:22 PM, #10
                                              RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, oRACLe063, Dec-19-04 09:44 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, THEBALLIN1, Dec-19-04 10:01 AM, #12
                                                        RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, scothern, Dec-20-04 03:47 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, Dirty, Dec-20-04 09:58 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, DJ420a, Dec-20-04 11:44 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, ModeratorDR1665v2, Dec-21-04 02:58 AM, #16
                                                                            RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, scothern, Dec-21-04 04:14 AM, #17
                                                                            RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, EclipseTenzoR, Dec-21-04 07:51 AM, #18
                                                                            RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, scothern, Dec-21-04 09:23 AM, #19
                                                                            RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, azdave, Dec-21-04 09:26 AM, #20
                                                                                 RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, ez, Dec-21-04 10:15 AM, #22
                                                                                      RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, azdave, Dec-21-04 05:18 PM, #23
                                                                            RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, Ark, Dec-21-04 09:44 AM, #21
                                                                                 RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, scothern, Dec-27-04 01:25 PM, #24
                                                                                      RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, Ark, Dec-27-04 01:51 PM, #25
                                                                                           RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, SilverBullet20g, Dec-28-04 11:38 AM, #26
                                                                                                RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, BlueMoonEclipse, Dec-29-04 10:24 PM, #27
                                                                                                     RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, apex2305, Jan-01-05 05:38 PM, #28
                                                                                                          RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, azdave, Jan-03-05 11:02 AM, #29
                                                                                                               RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, apex2305, Jan-04-05 10:25 AM, #30
                                                                                                                    RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, Moderatormicyek, Jan-04-05 12:37 PM, #31
                                                                                                                         RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, Ryan_Hes, Jan-04-05 12:46 PM, #32
                                                                                                                              RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, injendsm, Jan-04-05 12:57 PM, #33
                                                                                                                                   RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, azdave, Jan-04-05 02:44 PM, #34
                                                                                                                                        RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, apex2305, Jan-04-05 04:16 PM, #35
                                                                                                                                        RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, scothern, Jan-05-05 05:01 AM, #36
                                                                                                                                             RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, azdave, Jan-07-05 03:39 AM #37
                                                                                                                                             RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, scothern, Jan-07-05 04:04 AM, #38
                                                                                                                                             RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, Chamuko, Jan-10-05 07:57 PM, #39
                                                                                                                                             RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, azdave, Jan-11-05 03:33 AM, #40
                                                                                                                                             RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, scothern, Jan-11-05 08:55 AM, #41
                                                                                                                                             RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?, azdave, Jan-11-05 12:27 PM, #42

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #79502 Previous topic | Next topic