Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #76333
View in linear mode

Subject: "Car cover or not?" Previous topic | Next topic
LouisAug-26-04 06:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
158 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76333, "Car cover or not?"
Aug-26-04 06:35 PM by Louis

Hey guys, just wondering what your thoughts are on car covers. I bought a car cover for my car a while ago because it's outside all the time and south florida sun is a killer. I recently got my car repainted but I'm a fraid of using the car cover. Some people say Car covers do more harm than good because they'll scratch your finish by picking up dirt and then sliding over the car. But then if i dont use one my car's outside all the time and exposed to the sun/rain and hence fading etc...
Basically, just wondering, am I better off just keeping my car waxed often and that should protect it enough form the sun/rain so I can avoid the cover and dont risk scratches, or should I use the cover regardless risking scratches.
I might be moving to Jersey soon and although the sun is not that bad there, I guess I'd have to deal with snow which is unheard of here..dont know if car cover will do much against that..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Car cover or not? [View all] , Louis, Aug-26-04 06:28 PM
  RE: Car cover or not?, injendsm, Aug-26-04 06:59 PM, #1
RE: Car cover or not?, SPL_Eclipse, Aug-26-04 08:46 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #76333 Previous topic | Next topic