Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #102528
View in linear mode

Subject: "Electrical Problems" Previous topic | Next topic
XToeKneeVDec-26-08 10:06 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2008
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102528, "Electrical Problems"

I recently bought a '99 Eclipse GS which was already quite modified from the previous owner. Just the other week, I lost power to neons, interior lights, radio, one of the accessory switches he installed to manually turn on a cooling fan, security remote, and my speedometer only works when it wants to. I tried tracing all the plugs to make sure they have power and ground, and I've checked NEARLY every fuse, but I can't find the solution.
The rear defroster has not worked since I bought it, and a tail bulb I replaced was smoked and cracked 2 days later. The wiring job is ridiculous. The harnesses for the tails are tied together. No tape. No connector. He just twisted them around each other. And there are also random wiring connectors under the dash and in the trunk that I just don't know where to connect! It's like he just unplugged random things!

Does anyone have any useful suggestions?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Electrical Problems [View all] , XToeKneeV, Dec-26-08 10:06 PM
  RE: Electrical Problems, RoninEclipse2G, Dec-27-08 09:14 AM, #1
RE: Electrical Problems, XToeKneeV, Dec-29-08 02:45 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #102528 Previous topic | Next topic