Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #102287
View in linear mode

Subject: "Keeping power antenna from freezing???" Previous topic | Next topic
97CustomGSFeb-02-01 07:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
48 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102287, "Keeping power antenna from freezing???"

Does anyone know something I could use to keep the power antenna from freezing when it gets too cold (I live in Michigan, and when it's around 30 deg or colder this happens)? Either it will be frozen when I leave in the morning and it won't raise or it will freeze while I'm driving to work and will only go down partially.. and I'm really worried it's going to burn up the motor.

I don't want to dump oil down it... for one, it would only work for a little while, and another, it would eventually hurt the motor also after building up (know someone else I asked and they said they used oil, but it burned the motor up because of buildup)

Any ideas!?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Keeping power antenna from freezing??? [View all] , 97CustomGS, Feb-02-01 07:53 AM
  RE: Keeping power antenna from freezing???, TeamJeff_99gs, Feb-02-01 08:04 AM, #1
RE: Keeping power antenna from freezing???, TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-02-01 09:41 AM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #102287 Previous topic | Next topic