Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9533
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: pls help. took off 1.8 dizzy and turned it. how can i put it back on correctly??" Previous topic | Next topic
JReynosaNov-03-04 04:09 AM
Member since Oct 15th 2003
396 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9535, "RE: pls help. took off 1.8 dizzy and turned it. how can i put it back on correctly??"
In response to In response to 1

this is out of the chiltons manual:
1. Install a new distributor housing o-ring and lubricate w/ clean oil.
2. Position the engine so the no. 1 piston is at TDC of it compression stroke and the mark on the vibration damper is aligned w/ 0 on the timing indicator.
3. Align the distibutor housing and gear mating marks. Install the ditributor in engine so the slot or groove of the distributor's installation flange aligns w/ the distributor installation stud in the engine block. Make sure the the distributor is fully seated. Inspect alignment of the distributor rotor making sure the rotor is aligned w/ the postion of the no. 1 ignition wire in the distributor cap.
4. Install the hold down nut
5, Connect the distributor harness connectors.
6. Make sure the sealing o-ring is in place, install the distributor cap and tighten the screws or secure the clips.
7. Connect negative battery cabl
8. Adjust the ignition timing and tighten the hold down bolt

Make sure the rotor is pointing to where the No 1 runner originates inside the cap, if equipped, and not where the no 1 ignition wire plugs into the caps.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

pls help. took off 1.8 dizzy and turned it. how can i put it back on correctly?? [View all] , 97grnRS, Nov-03-04 03:42 AM
  RE: pls help. took off 1.8 dizzy and turned it. how can i put it back on correctly??, HybriDSM, Nov-03-04 03:56 AM, #1
RE: pls help. took off 1.8 dizzy and turned it. how can i put it back on correctly??, JReynosa, Nov-03-04 04:09 AM #2
      RE: pls help. took off 1.8 dizzy and turned it. how can i put it back on correctly??, 97grnRS, Nov-03-04 04:33 AM, #3
RE: pls help. took off 1.8 dizzy and turned it. how can i put it back on correctly??, 97grnRS, Nov-03-04 12:32 PM, #4
RE: pls help. took off 1.8 dizzy and turned it. how can i put it back on correctly??, JReynosa, Nov-03-04 02:09 PM, #5
      RE: pls help. took off 1.8 dizzy and turned it. how can i put it back on correctly??, JReynosa, Nov-04-04 07:13 PM, #6

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9533 Previous topic | Next topic