Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7502
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: WTF! Where is all my oil going!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
DSMxTSiApr-06-06 10:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7507, "RE: WTF! Where is all my oil going!!!"
In response to In response to 4

Dan, it could definately be the valve seals or the turbo seals. I've seen friends with brand new turbos that needed replaced because the seals were bad, though that is rare. The valve seals would typically smoke under idle after idling for a while, and at start-up. You should notice milky coolant if it's the head gasket.
Or it could be the oil rings and this is what I'm leaning towards. You can have perfect compression numbers and still get tons of oil past the oil rings, meaning the other compression rings are fine. I know this first hand, my Talon smoked BAD under boost and when decelerating after hard throttle but was perfectly fine at idle and cruise. I first replaced the turbo but ened up having to redo the bottom end. Don't rule out the turbo seals though.
What pistons/rings were installed in your new block? What did the shop recommend for break-in? If those are Total Seal rings then that shop doesn't know what they're doing and you must replace them. Total Seal rings will not seat with the metal of our shortblocks. It has to do with the high nickel content of our blocks not mating well with whatever Total Seal rings are made of.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

WTF! Where is all my oil going!!! [View all] , FlyinEsi, Apr-05-06 04:23 AM
  RE: WTF! Where is all my oil going!!!, BigBald, Apr-05-06 05:00 AM, #1
RE: WTF! Where is all my oil going!!!, FlyinEsi, Apr-05-06 09:17 AM, #2
      RE: WTF! Where is all my oil going!!!, RST95eclipse, Apr-05-06 05:10 PM, #3
           RE: WTF! Where is all my oil going!!!, BigBald, Apr-06-06 08:47 AM, #4
                RE: WTF! Where is all my oil going!!!, DSMxTSi, Apr-06-06 10:16 AM #5
                     RE: WTF! Where is all my oil going!!!, FlyinEsi, Apr-06-06 01:38 PM, #6
                          RE: WTF! Where is all my oil going!!!, BigBald, Apr-06-06 05:23 PM, #7
                               RE: WTF! Where is all my oil going!!!, Dualgen2, Apr-07-06 05:38 AM, #8
                                    RE: WTF! Where is all my oil going!!!, kelvinb1, Apr-07-06 04:14 PM, #9

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7502 Previous topic | Next topic