Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6850
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup" Previous topic | Next topic
RemyApr-15-07 06:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6857, "RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup"
In response to In response to 0

Originally posted by Mattcky2k
Well my stock turbo is gone so i guess this is a good time to UPGRADE! i also need a T-belt change and while i'm at it a new clutch since i'll probably be pulling the motor so here is what i'm thinking... Evo3 16g with SB manifold w/ext.wastgate ACT 2600 clutch and Xact flywheel(used to have it, miss it Removing balance shaft, PS, and Air conditioning!!! new intercooler setup, probly one from SB with short route piping Megan racing turbo back 3" exhaust and that's all i have in mind right now. i'm just not sure about what i wanna do with the fuel part of everything and that's where i need suggestions. i know i'm gonnna get an EGT and wideband. i think i'm just afraid of getting bigger pump and injectors and tuning with some sort of AFC. i've been doing my research on tuning the AFC but i'm still not that confident in doing it. also what kind of boost can i be running with that turbo on the stock engine with no fuel upgrade? and with pump and injectors?

Skip the 16g and buy a scm50 or scm61. Both get full boost around 3800rpm. Skip the sbr manifold and just port out your stock manifold. Skip the egt and get a nice oil pressure gauge to go with the wideband. Get a fidanza flywheel its cheaper. Skip that sbr fmic and buy the ssautochrome fmic. Way cheaper. Same performance. Skip the afc and buy dsmlink . You can buy some decent sized injectors used for very cheap. The bigger the better. You should get atleast a walboro 255 and a fuel pressure reg. Megan racing turbo back is nice and cheap. Act 2600 is nice.Add a nice bov and there you have a nice , fast street car.

Good luck.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup [View all] , Mattcky2k, Mar-29-07 04:54 PM
  RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup, ModeratoreclipzGST, Mar-29-07 06:31 PM, #1
RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup, 97eclipse97, Mar-30-07 12:20 PM, #2
      RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup, techboy, Apr-10-07 05:43 PM, #3
           RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup, Mattcky2k, Apr-11-07 03:11 PM, #4
                RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup, Moderatorbullettdsm, Apr-12-07 09:57 AM, #5
                RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup, 97eclipse97, Apr-14-07 06:15 AM, #6
RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup, Remy, Apr-15-07 06:26 PM #7
RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup, 97eclipse97, Apr-16-07 04:09 AM, #8
RE: Blew my turbo....need suggestions on this setup, boosted4g64, Apr-16-07 08:07 PM, #9

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6850 Previous topic | Next topic