Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6542
View in linear mode

Subject: "BCS restrictor removal....long" Previous topic | Next topic
1tymeGSTSep-12-06 12:08 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2006
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6542, "BCS restrictor removal....long"
Sep-12-06 12:18 PM by 1tymeGST

Ok i was looking around my engine bay this morning and notice a thing laying under the air filter.... *the thing* was what i called it before i found out what it really was called...

ok so i then went on to the various dsm forums n found that it was actually the BCS or boost control solanoid and theres a mod to remove the restrictor... after reading the faq on how to remove it I removed it.

the faq also stated to plug the hoses back on and also to plug the electric portion of the bcs back on.....the problem is that i found it laying down with no hoses to begin with and looked and looked and looked everywhere till my face turned blue and still no hoses so where the hell did owner before me did with em???!!! correct me if I'm wrong but I belive there are suppose to be hoses right! because i found none do i have to go buy em... is it imperative that i have em connected to the bcs.... and is that something that attributes to boost leak?? Please help

Thanks in advance
p.s. its a 99 gst

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

BCS restrictor removal....long [View all] , 1tymeGST, Sep-12-06 12:08 PM
  RE: BCS restrictor removal....long, ModeratoreclipzGST, Sep-12-06 01:40 PM, #1
RE: BCS restrictor removal....long, Diceman19, Sep-12-06 04:51 PM, #2
RE: BCS restrictor removal....long, twack, Dec-08-07 12:49 PM, #3
RE: BCS restrictor removal....long, ModeratoreclipzGST, Dec-12-07 11:40 AM, #4

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6542 Previous topic | Next topic