Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #646
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: i hate u levi!!!" Previous topic | Last topic
TeamStan2gntJul-14-01 12:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#654, "RE: i hate u levi!!!"
In response to In response to 7

Well 2G GSX with stock turbos usually max out at high 13s at 99ish MPH. There are a few RX-7s that have ran mid 13s stock (more typical are low 14s) but in general they aren't as fast as their 0-60 time suggest. In other words they are a rocket off the line but in the 1/4 mile they are slower that a 3000GT VR4, Supra TT, 300ZX TT, NSX you get the picture). Luckily for you the one thing it does well so do you. Unfortunely all that AWD weight means your top end aint great either and he will KILL you with equal mods and that light weight. The good news is he wont have any money for mods after maintenence and vacuum problems (and he'll likely never know how fast his car is suppose to be if he doesn't have all the flimsy rubber vacuum hoses checked first). With a stock turbo this is the usual round of mods before upgrading the turbo and intercooler in this order 1.air filter 2. catback 3.upper intercooler pipe and BOV 4. downpipe and cat 5.boost gauge, boost controller and fuel pump. The upgraded intercooler piping takes care of the free mods (porting can wait for the upgrade turbo). With that you can run UP TO high 13s (like 13.8 or 13.9s). At this point GSTs are slightly faster because the wt advantage out weighs the AWD traction (no pun intended). From there all you need is a 16G to run 12s. An upgraded intercooler and clutch would be nice at this point.

Since I cant use photopoint IMAGINE THIS:
Star turbo with E-trim and HKS BOV
Starion FMIC/2.5" piping
Joe P MBC
Apexi SuperAFC
Ross Pistons/total seal rings
Ported and matched intake manifold
AFX 55mm TB, FMM and UDP
2.5" downpipe back exh/Hayame muffler
Crane wires/Denso Iridium plugs
Centerforce DF clutch
KYB AGX struts/ST springs, UPR FSB, F&R camber kits
17" ADR lightnings/toyo FZ4 215/45/17
97' eclipse front end/projectors
Autometer gauges
Panasonic head unit/ Sony X-over
MB Quarts all around/JL stealth sub
Hifonics/MTX Thunder amps
XX brand alarm/Varad hyper green led

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon 420A-Turbo
Former and future nitrous user

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [View all] , Talon, Jul-13-01 10:39 AM
  RE: AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, DarkEclipseRS (Guest), Jul-13-01 10:42 AM, #1
RE: AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Talon, Jul-13-01 11:06 AM, #2
      RE: AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, DarkEclipseRS (Guest), Jul-13-01 11:37 AM, #3
           RE: AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, randy, Jul-13-01 02:08 PM, #4
                RE: AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 99GSBBTurbo, Jul-13-01 04:29 PM, #5
                     RE: AWD BOOST IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Kory, Jul-13-01 06:39 PM, #6
                          i hate u levi!!!, klipzracer, Jul-13-01 11:37 PM, #7
                               RE: i hate u levi!!!, TeamStan2gnt, Jul-14-01 12:07 AM #8
                                    RE: i hate u levi!!!, Talon, Jul-14-01 04:20 PM, #9
                                         RE: i hate u levi!!!, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jul-14-01 06:35 PM, #10

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #646 Previous topic | Last topic