Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4913
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Questions about belts and vaccum lines! Many Pix sry!" Previous topic | Next topic
Diceman19Jul-09-07 05:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4914, "RE: Questions about belts and vaccum lines! Many Pix sry!"
In response to In response to 0
Jul-09-07 05:46 PM by Diceman19

in the first pic there is a 10 or 12 mm bolt near the top left of the alternator, loosen that, there should also be 1 or 2 bolts on the back of the alternator(im pretty sure it is just one), loosen it so that the alt will rotate. it is a PITA IIRC. ratchet wrench should make short work of it if the handle is long enough. in the second pic you can see the bolt that you will have to loosen on the front to let it actually rotate. you'll also use that bolt to tighten it back up when you're ready to install the belt. in the third pic you can see the FRONT of where the bolt on the back is, it looks like a cap thing, directly on the other side of it is where the bolt is that you will need to loosen. DONT TAKE IT OUT THOUGH, just loosen.

the ac stuff i think the belt just wraps around the compressor, the crank, and then a small assembly that lets you tighten the belt. i still have my ac stuff hooked up and belted so im not the man to answer that.

the vac lines on the TB are fine. i dont know where the one that has a knot in it should go though, maybe it went to a boost guage that was removed. here is a pic of the "standard" elimination diagram though, just make your system look like this and you'll be fine.

the little thingerjobber you are holding in your hand is the boost control solenoid. if you have an MBC you dont need it. if you dont, it will need to be hooked back into the vac system and plugged in so that the car can regulate boost. i wouldnt bother hooking it back up though, just get an MBC if you dont have one and set it to 15psi for the stock goodness or higher if you have the supporting mods you need.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Questions about belts and vaccum lines! Many Pix sry! [View all] , Dsm98Nt, Jul-09-07 02:40 PM
  RE: Questions about belts and vaccum lines! Many Pix sry!, Diceman19, Jul-09-07 05:43 PM #1
RE: Questions about belts and vaccum lines! Many Pix sry!, Dsm98Nt, Jul-10-07 09:38 AM, #2
      RE: Questions about belts and vaccum lines! Many Pix sry!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jul-10-07 09:40 AM, #3
           RE: Questions about belts and vaccum lines! Many Pix sry!, Dsm98Nt, Jul-10-07 02:20 PM, #4

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4913 Previous topic | Next topic