Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4694
View in linear mode

Subject: "Project: "Some Assembly Required" (who has 56k anymore anyways?)" Previous topic | Next topic
ScreaminEJan-31-07 05:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4694, "Project: "Some Assembly Required" (who has 56k anymore anyways?)"
Feb-01-07 08:42 AM by eclipzGST

Thought I would make my own post about my latest project. The car is a 91 gsx auto that I got from a local Carolina DSMer back in August 06.

When I got it, the car was missing the engine harness, motor/tranny/xfercase and every single nut and bolt that ever came with the car. The interior was all in pieces and someone took off some very random pieces for no reason like the passenger seatbelt assembly. Word on the streetz that it was to be a drag car. The guy I bought it from gave me all the parts to put it back together and he's been awesome to deal with. I should have had this thing together a long time ago but being in my senior year of college makes for no time for putting cars back together.

So far I have put all the interior back in. Got the harness ran, and have the motor tranny ready to drop in. It may not seem like it, but I have put a ton of work into this car already on little things all over.

The car is going to be up and running hopefully within the next couple months (I'm being realistic with this goal instead of rushing into shit). It will have the following:

XS Power FMIC kit with 1g BOV
K &N filter
3" exhaust from turbo back
Translab shift kit
Bigger tranny cooler (what do you guys suggest?)
No A/C
Lots of little shit has been removed from under the hood

Won't exactly be a daily driver but I plan on cruising around town and hitting up the strip/autoX course whenever I feel the need. Trying to make a fun multi purpose street car for now. Maybe when I graduate I will try to make it more of an autoX/Road race machine.

Either way, its been fun and I've learned a lot already and the hardest part is yet to come.

Here are the pics:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Project: "Some Assembly Required" (who has 56k anymore anyways?) [View all] , ScreaminE, Jan-31-07 05:06 PM
  RE: Project: "Some Assembly Required" (who has 56k anymore anyways?), Moderatorbullettdsm, Feb-01-07 08:20 AM, #1
RE: Project: "Some Assembly Required" (who has 56k anymore anyways?), ScreaminE, Feb-01-07 03:57 PM, #2
      RE: Project: "Some Assembly Required" (who has 56k anymore anyways?), ScreaminE, Jun-14-07 02:53 PM, #3
           RE: Project: "Some Assembly Required" (who has 56k anymore anyways?), ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-15-07 12:05 PM, #4

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4694 Previous topic | Next topic