Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #13244
View in linear mode

Subject: "1999 spyder gs idles fine but shutters off after gas, ideas?" Previous topic | Next topic
travisfranklin121Jul-23-12 08:59 AM
Member since Jul 16th 2012
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13244, "1999 spyder gs idles fine but shutters off after gas, ideas?"

So I have put about 1000 bucks into rebuilding this car after a terrible overheating incident where i was pushing it too hard. I replaced my head gasket, did a complete valve job, replaced my water pump, crank shaft sensor, cam sensor, and spark plugs/wires. Ive been working on this car trying to get it back running for 4 months now and i am just utterly frustrated with it.

For the past couple weeks it hasnt been cranking. yesterday i realized the cylinders had no oil so once i fixed that it cranked right up. Thought i had finally fixed it but....

So this is what it is doing now: it cranks up fine and will idle at the correct rpm all day. As soon as i put it into 1st/reverse and tap the gas a couple times (get it to ab 1500 or 1600 RPM) the engine cuts off and the check engine light comes on. I have tested all the plugs and it is firing fine. And the timing is perfect because me and 2 others have retimed it multiple times. Does anyone have any ideas of what is going on? any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

1999 spyder gs idles fine but shutters off after gas, ideas? [View all] , travisfranklin121, Jul-23-12 08:59 AM
  RE: 1999 spyder gs idles fine but shutters off after gas, ideas?, j2sw, Jul-23-12 09:21 AM, #1

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #13244 Previous topic | Next topic